A Smarter Way to Research
Leave behind the tedious work of formatting bibliographies, finding full text, and searching for references.
Use your research superpowers for good – leave the organizing to us
Team access to one reference library
Work from a single reference library with up to 100 people, no matter where they are located or what organization they are affiliated with.
Sort through years of work in seconds
Search across reference metadata, full text journal articles, file attachments, and your personal annotations and notes, to locate the research you need in just seconds.
Overcome research limitations
For one upfront price, store and share as many references, documents and files as you need–a necessity for successful collaboration.
Cite it right the first time
Insert citations and references from your EndNote library into your manuscript and automatically build a bibliography in over 6,000 styles right from Microsoft® Word.
See what your team is doing
Instantly see the history of changes made to your shared library with a built-in activity log.
Take the guesswork out of journal submission
Using EndNote online, find the journals where your research is most likely to be accepted based on an analysis of tens of millions of citation connections in Web of Science™.
Let the full text find you
Initiate a search for full text PDFs across your subscriptions and freely available sources. When the article is found, it will automatically be attached to your reference.
EndNote X8 product details
More than just a reference manager. EndNote moves you through the research process as you search, organize, write, publish and share.
Which EndNote is right for you?
- EndNote X8 - The most powerful research andreference manager on the market. All the capabilities you see on this page, on your desktop and online.
- EndNote for iPad® - The perfect sidekick to EndNote desktop and online. Now your EndNote reference library weighs less than 2 pounds.
- EndNote basic - Completely free, online-only access to our basic reference manager – perfect for writing that first research paper.
- ... compatible - Find out how much EndNote loves your (reasonably recent) Windows® or Mac® computer, Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint®, Web browser and office network.
- ... integrated - Not to drop names, but we connect to ResearcherID, Web of Science and hundreds of online databases. PS: Developers, let’s talk APIs.
!!! Still using Thomson Reuters Reference Manager? - Now that EndNote has library sharing functionality, it’s time to switch. EndNote has some big advantages, and the move is easy.