Millions of researchers, scholarly writers, students, and librarians use EndNote to search online bibliographic databases, organize their references, images and PDFs in any language, and create bibliographies and figure lists instantly. Instead of spending hours typing bibliographies, or using index cards to organize their references, they do it the easy way—by using EndNote! And EndNote Web is included with EndNote so you can collaborate with others easily. EndNote for Windows and Macintosh is a valuable all-in-one tool that integrates the following tasks into one program:
- Search bibliographic databases on the Internet
- Organize references, images, PDFs and other files
- Watch the bibliography and figure list appear as you write!
- Collaborate using EndNote Web, the Web-based research and writing component of EndNote
EndNote® X4 New Features
Introducing EndNote X4
Take a deep breath and relax while EndNote X4 is hard at work connecting you to high quality resources, simplifying your collaboration with colleagues and removing the reference stress from all your research projects.
Import and Search PDFs in EndNote
EndNote X4 continues to expand PDF management by importing a file or folder of PDFs directly to your library. The basic bibliographic data is extracted for most PDFs and you can even search the contents of a PDF. Mac users have the added advantage of being able to drag a PDF file onto the EndNote icon on the Dock to add a new reference to their library. Now that’s simple.
Collaborate more with EndNote Web
Collaboration is also a cinch. You can transfer up to 10,000 references between the desktop and Web making it the easiest way to work with others on research projects. Your shared EndNote Web groups eliminate the need to move library files from computer to computer. And, you can present your personal references in ResearcherID where citation metrics are provided by the Web of KnowledgeSM.
New Cite While You Write Features
You’ll save more time using the new auto-hyperlink between in-text citations and the bibliography in EndNote X4 and Microsoft Word. And now, EndNote X4 meets the complete APA 6th style requirements as well as offering customizable short forms for footnote styles. You can access frequently used functions in one place with the combined Edit and Manage Citations command on the Word toolbar. What’s more, you will find an automatic citation report of references used in a Word document in your EndNote library.
Other new features:
Create new groups by comparing, combining and suppressing existing groups.
Modify references easily in the new Quick Edit tab on the main library window.
Edit references when comparing duplicates.
Expand your library retrieval results by adding wildcards within search terms.
EndNote X4 for Windows
EndNote X4 for Windows - released 15 June 2010
System and Hardware Requirements:
- Windows® XP (service pack 3), Vista (32/64 bit)
- & Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
- Install latest service packs
- Pentium 450-megahertz (MHz) or faster processor
- 180MB hard disk space available
- 256 MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive required for installation — not required for download installation.
- Internet connection required to access EndNote Web and to search online databases.
- EndNote libraries are compatible across Windows and Mac OS X platforms
- EndNote is Unicode compliant.
To use MSI installation, it is necessary to have the latest Windows Updates installed.
EndNote X4 for Mac OS X
EndNote X4 for Mac - released 23 August 2010
System and Hardware Requirements:
Mac OS X (10.5.x and 10.6.x)
- PowerPC or Intel Macintosh 450 MHz or higher
- Hard disk with 180 MB available
- Minimum 256 MB of available RAM
- Internet connection required to register for EndNote Web and search online databases
- EndNote is Unicode compliant
- EndNote files are compatible across Macintosh and Windows platforms
- EndNote Web account included
To update your Mac OS, go to "System Preferences / Software Update" or go to http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/.