Millions of researchers, scholarly writers, students, and librarians use EndNote to search online bibliographic databases, organize their references, images and PDFs in any language, and create bibliographies and figure lists instantly. Instead of spending hours typing bibliographies, or using index cards to organize their references, they do it the easy way—by using EndNote! And EndNote Web is included with EndNote so you can collaborate with others easily. EndNote for Windows and Macintosh is a valuable all-in-one tool that integrates the following tasks into one program:
- Search bibliographic databases on the Internet
- Organize references, images, PDFs and other files
- Watch the bibliography and figure list appear as you write!
- Collaborate using EndNote Web, the Web-based research and writing component of EndNote
EndNote® X3 New Features
Introducing EndNote X3
With its world-class speed and track record, EndNote X3® puts your publishing in the lead and keeps you there. Out of the blocks with new features like faster start up times and seasoned favorites like our Cite While You Write™ technology, EndNote X3 is moving fast to deliver the world’s most complete bibliographic solution.
Create new bibliography styles in new places
You’ll find new speed in Cite While You Write for Apple®
Pages ’09, Microsoft® Word and now OpenOffice.org Writer 3
for Windows. With EndNote X3, you can create multiple bibliographies within a single Word document—specify end of chapters, end of document, or both. Chemistry styles are now supported with composite references that group citations.
Simplify collaboration with EndNote Web and ResearcherID
EndNote X3 includes your personal EndNote Web account that not only transfers groups swiftly between desktop and Web but also organizes your own publication list for the free ResearcherID author community. By creating a seamless system,you are able to view personal citation metrics in ResearcherID, complete with dynamically updated links to Times Cited detail in the ISI Web of KnowledgeSM.
Improve organization with new grouping options
You can now create groups containing both custom and smart groups for easier organization. The main and sub-groups can be
re-arranged any time with a simple drag-and-drop action. And,
you can locate more full text by setting up your institution’s EZProxy authentication in the EndNote preferences.
Other new features:
Faster startup—EndNote X3 installs the 100 most popular styles to make Cite While You Write faster. You can easily select additional styles as needed.
More options for compressed libraries—define an entire library, a group, or selected references to compress—with or without file attachments.
Compare duplicate records side-by-side for easy review.
Use new and improved Mac AppleScripts to enhance searches and match existing references with local PDF files by uniquely identifying DOI and PMCID data.
Access more online resources and publishing styles—3,900+ online connection files, 700+ import filters and 3,700
EndNote for Windows
System and Hardware Requirements:
- Windows® XP (service pack 3), Vista (32/64 bit)
- Install latest service packs
- Pentium 450-megahertz (MHz) or faster processor
- 180MB hard disk space available
- 256 MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive required for installation — not required for download installation.
- Internet connection required to access EndNote Web and to search online databases.
- EndNote libraries are compatible across Windows and Mac OS X platforms
- EndNote is Unicode compliant.
To use MSI installation, it is necessary to have the latest Windows Updates installed.
EndNote X3 for Mac OS X
System and Hardware Requirements:
- Mac OS X (10.5.6)
- PowerPC or Intel Macintosh 450 MHz or higher
- Hard disk with 180 MB available
- Minimum 256 MB of available RAM
- Internet connection required to search Internet databases
- EndNote is Unicode compliant
- EndNote files are compatible across Windows and Macintosh platforms
- EndNote Web account included
To update your Mac OS, go to "System Preferences / Software Update" or go to http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/.