Millions of researchers, scholarly writers, students, and librarians use EndNote (patent pending) to search online bibliographic databases, organize their references, images and PDFs in any language, and create bibliographies and figure lists instantly. Instead of spending hours typing bibliographies, or using index cards to organize their references, they do it the easy way—by using EndNote! EndNote for Windows and Macintosh is a valuable all-in-one tool that integrates the following tasks into one program:
- Search bibliographic databases on the Internet
- Organize references, images, PDFs and other files
- Watch the bibliography and figure list appear as you write!
- Collaborate using EndNote Web, the Web-based research and writing tool
Introducing EndNote X2
EndNote® X2 continues a 20-year history of innovation that translates to your publishing success in record time. Not only does EndNote X2 save you time by removing steps, it also puts more action in your library dashboard—right where you want it. The new full text locator joins blazing online searches and the Cite While You Write™ (patent pending) technology to deliver all the high performance you could possibly want in an easy-to-use bibliography software and more.
Find full text articles automatically
Let EndNote locate and download full text for you—no additional steps required! Select one or more references, a group, or your entire library and have EndNote scan for full text available to you. When the full text is found, EndNote downloads and links it to the appropriate reference automatically—all while you continue to work.
Access more information in the Groups panel
EndNote X2 brings the organization and collection touch points together in one Group panel. Now you can:
- Create Smart Groups to build subsets of references automatically based on your criteria
- Search your favorite online databases instantly
- Recover deleted references from the Trash
- Transfer EndNote Web groups to and from the desktop easily
Search for references easily with new integrated tab
Now all searching is integrated into the main EndNote Library window. The Quick search is located on the EndNote toolbar, while the preview pane includes a new tab for searching your EndNote library as well as online resources. The tab indicates the source being searched so you can identify results easily.
Other new features:
- Track new and updated features with the Auto Date Stamp—see when a reference was added to your library and when it was last updated
- View library and record summaries for a snapshot off key metrics such as groupings, counts, date last saved, most used reference types and more
- Compress your EndNote library and attach it to an email automatically
- Use new reference types including Aggregated Database, Blog, Catalog, Pamphlet, Serial Publication and Standard
- Access more online resources and publishing styles—2,800+ online connection files, 600+ import filters and 3,300 journal styles.
Collaborate with EndNote Web
EndNote Web is included with EndNote so you can collaborate with colleagues and students easily:
- Transfer references between the Web and the desktop using the EndNote Web section in the Groups panel
- Share EndNote Web groups—simplify collaboration
- Cite references from both EndNote and EndNote Web in a single paper
- Work on the desktop, the Web or both!
EndNote for Windows
EndNote X2 for Windows - released 11 June 2008
System and Hardware Requirements:
- Windows XP (service pack 2), Vista
- Pentium 450-megahertz (MHz) or faster processor
- 180MB hard disk space available
- 256 MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive required for installation — not required for download installation.
- Internet connection required to search online databases.
- EndNote X2 files are compatible across Windows and Mac OS X platforms
- EndNote X2 is Unicode compliant.
- To use MSI installation, it is necessary to have the latest Windows Updates installed.
EndNote Web account included.
EndNote X2 for Mac OS X
EndNote X2 for Mac, released 3 September 2008
System and Hardware Requirements:
- Mac OS X (10.4.x, 10.5.x)
- PowerPC or Intel Macintosh 450 MHz or higher
- Hard disk with 180 MB available
- Minimum 256 MB of available RAM
- Internet connection required to search Internet databases
- EndNote files are compatible across Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- EndNote Web account included
To update your Mac OS, go to "System Preferences / Software Update" or go to http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/.