Millions of researchers, scholarly writers, students, and librarians use EndNote (patent pending) to search online bibliographic databases, organize their references, images and PDFs in any language, and create bibliographies and figure lists instantly. Instead of spending hours typing bibliographies, or using index cards to organize their references, they do it the easy way—by using EndNote! EndNote for Windows and Macintosh is a valuable all-in-one tool that integrates the following tasks into one program:
- Search bibliographic databases on the Internet
- Organize references, images and PDFs
- Construct your paper with built-in manuscript templates
- Watch the bibliography and figure list appear as you write!
See what's new in EndNote X!
Introducing EndNote X
EndNote® is the industry standard software for organizing references and creating bibliographies. With EndNote X, we are creating a new standard for ease-of-use. And that has millions of students, researchers, writers and librarians worldwide—jumping for joy!
Organize your PDF files with EndNote libraries
EndNote X introduces a new way to manage your PDF files. Now you can drag and drop a PDF file onto an EndNote record saving many steps and creating a link automatically. The PDF files are stored along with the EndNote references. And when you need to move your EndNote library between computers, the new compressed library option creates a single-file backup for easy transport.
View more—or less—detail as desired
EndNote X expands your library view with up to eight fields enabling you to sort columns quickly. A new icon identifies references containing links to PDF and other files. The reference edit window now includes a show/hide empty fields option to reduce scrolling for reference detail.
Other new features:
- Reference type lists are now alphabetized for locating easily
- Four new reference types—Grant, Ancient Text, Dictionary, and Encyclopedia
- The "Electronic Source" references type is renamed to "Web Page."
- New—compressed library option creates a single-file backup for moving EndNote libraries between computers
- Store up to 45 links per reference in the "Link to PDF" field
- Convert existing PDF links to the new EndNote-relative link in one step
- Use the PDF icon in the EndNote toolbar to open the first linked file in the highlighted reference
- "Change Text" and "Change Fields" include a new option for tab and carriage returns used in phrases
- Search fields and words using "begins with" and "ends with"—replaces "Use Full Text Index" of previous versions
- "RTF Document Scan" is renamed to "Format Paper"
Search and collect references in new ways
EndNote X offers new search options including “begins with” and “ends with” for field and word searching. With continued suggestions from users, EndNote X includes new and updated files for searching online resources, importing references, and formatting bibliographies. You’ll find 800+ connections to online sources, 540+ import filters and over 2,300 publishing style
EndNote for Windows
EndNote X for Windows - released 9 June 2006
System and Hardware Requirements:
- Windows 2000 (service pack 3) and XP
- Pentium 450-megahertz (MHz) or faster processor
- 180MB hard disk space available
- 256 MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive required for installation — not required for download installation.
- Internet connection required to search online databases.
- EndNote X files are compatible across Windows and Mac OS X platforms
- EndNote X is Unicode compliant.
- To use MSI installation, it is necessary to have the latest Windows Updates installed.
EndNote X for Mac OS X
EndNote X for Mac - released 25 August 2006
System and Hardware Requirements:
- Mac OS X (10.3.9 - 10.4.x) ** †
- PowerPC or Intel Macintosh 450 MHz or higher
- Hard disk with 180 MB available
- Minimum 256 MB of available RAM
- Internet connection required to search Internet databases
- EndNote files are compatible across Windows and Macintosh platforms.
** To update your Mac OS, go to "System Preferences / Software Update" or go to http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/.
† Information on OS 10.4 (Tiger) or OS 10.3 Panther compatibility.